Thursday, March 5, 2009

My little handy man!

Roger is handy around the house, but Jude and I LOVE to be the handy ones!!! I was working at Target and I noticed that had these rather beautiful, not to cheap, bookshelves that went on sale. Roger and I then preceded to get a 10% coupon in the mail, so it became a must buy!!! Especially, because it has 5 shelves...3 of which are currently out of Jude's reach. So, we were really excited about it, but did not have the time to put it up. Last night, while our Wednesday night programs were on (Monday's is family tv night, and Wednesday's is tv night for Jude and I with his godmother) Jude gave up his evening nap so that he could help mommy put together the bookshelf.

First of all, I never realized just how many pieces there are to one of those things, especially small pieces. But, Jude wanted to help so he started by trying to lift every piece of wood that he could, and when he found one (which there were enough pieces that he could lift) he would relocate them for me. It was SO cute, and so sweet!!!

Then after he saw mommy using a screw driver to tighten things he thought he would try. First he tried to get the screwdriver from mommy, but I said no. So, he watched a little bit more and then would take his fingers and try to turn them by hand, because that is what mommy did when she would first put them in. Such a smart boy!! I can't wait until he is old enough to do small craft and handy man projects. I know he is going to be such a great helper, because he already is.

When all was said and done, and the little guy was pooped out and I was done helping him put the shelf together, we filled it up and Jude was excited he got the bottom two shelves (because he could reach them). Mommy was excited because she finally had three shelves of her own!

No comments: