If you read the "9 months and how tall?" post you will notice that we had a little bit of an issue with our nurse being able to properly take Jude's height, and that she was off by more then an inch. You will also see that Jude weighed in at 17 lbs 12 ounces, which no one thought twice about because if you have seen my family we are all featherweight.
Well, today Jude spiked a 102.8 fever, and being a first time mom, I took him to the doctors for a check up to make sure everything was okay. I am happy to report that he is fine and with lots of rest and some meds he should be back to normal by the end of the week.
However, while we were at the doctors the nurse came in to take his weight down, and his temp. She started with his weight...*drum roll please* 20 lbs even! So, I was a little more the surprised, and said...well something is off because he was in for a 9 month check up on Friday and weighed in at 17 lbs 12 ounces. So, she was more then willing to bring him into another room and put him on a different scale...19 lbs 12 ounces. She documented his weight CORRECTLY then at 19 lbs 12 ounces. So, not only was the original nurse off by more then an inch for Jude's height, but she was off by more then 2 lbs for his weight!
The nurse and I had a good laugh about it today. She was such a sweetheart and it made all the difference. Especially since I was a little panicky because my baby was sick.
Note* In case anyone was wondering they did not have to calculate from kilograms to pounds, so that is not a reason that she might have been off, because when you make people calculate then I am much more understanding for error.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment