Friday, March 20, 2009

1st Time Fort Wayne Visitors

Hello,

As some of you may already know we are in Fort Wayne this weekend! It is Jude and my first time in Fort Wayne, and Roger's 51st (okay that may be a slight exaggeration)! We got off to a late start yesterday because Jude has been out sick the last few days with a 102/103 fever, but Thursday morning the Lord was shinning down upon us and Jude's fever broke and he was able to get a really good nap in during our 5 1/2 ish hour drive to Fort Wayne. So, we made it here just in time to find our room and go over to the main building for dinner, where our empty table was immediately full with people trying to talk with us. I met this one women who is really nice and wants to teach 5th grade at the school she is at, and so was every interested in letting me have her job (she teaches 6, 7, and 8th grade math). I was very excited by this, and the minute that I get home, or maybe even sooner, I will be placing some calls and getting some teaching paperwork of mine moved around to make it more available to the Indiana community.

Also met a nice woman that is interested in keeping Jude in her home with her 3 kids and maybe another child or two. Very nice woman, and very nice husband, so that was looking up as well. Also, we have gotten a lot of tips on where to and to not live which is really really nice. We are looking into a wide rage of options. Everything from renting a 2 bedroom apartment to a 3 bedroom townhouse to just plain renting a house.

Roger has been fitting in very well and praise the Lord has already acquired some books for his classes (which will save us about $100). My friend Amy (from Concordia), she and her husband are here, and she introduced me to a friend of hers that was really nice, and has been giving me so many tips. She is truly going to be a blessing to have around, unfortunately since they started a year ahead of us we will only get to be in the area with them for one year, but it will be our first year here, and we will enjoy all the time with them that we can! She showed me some hot spots today, and I am pretty pumped. I have to tell Ben that there is an Abry's right around the corner!! (My friend Ben and I love to eat Arby's but the closest one that we can find is in Mayfair and Arby's is not worth 30 to 45 minutes of traffic.) :-(

We have been learning about the co-op program here which will help us save on clothing and food bills A LOT. They are like mini shopping places but for sem students and families only (maybe the faculty and staff as well...not really sure about that) but everything is 100 percent donated so we get it for basically nothing, we just donate a few hours a month as our "payment" working there. I was VERY excited to hear that Brakebush Chicken donates tons of chicken here!!! For those of you that don't know anything about Brakebush Chicken, they are a Northern States company I believe, and they are huge donors to the camp that I use to work at (Camp LuWiSoMo) as well. Every year for Camp LuWiSoMo's Family Day Weekend they donate 500 half chickens (and they are good size) and they come out and barbecue them on site for the lunch meal, so 100% of the proceeds from the chicken go back to camp. I thought they were a great company when I knew about that, and now that I know that they donate here as well...I am glad that I buy their chicken!!!

Anyway, I could go on and on about a lot of things that we have found out about here, and experienced here so far, but I have to get to bed because we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow (mostly with apartment showing). Sorry that I don't have any pictures to throw on here right now, I do have a few that I will try to post in a timely matter, but I am not near the camera right now.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful night, and God's blessings on your weekend!\

Love always ~
The Peters Family!

No comments: