Since we moved here we have realized that life is busier then we ever could have imagined. However, on Friday nights, we have tried to make it a rule that they are strictly family nights. Jude and I get home first, and he helps me pick up all the toys. Rog hangs out at Sem for Gemutlichite or however you spell it. Students, faculty, and staff get together for a good home brew and a little conversation.
Once we all get home, it is pizza time! Jude and Rog are huge pizza fans, and since I don't mind pizza we have made it a weekly habit.
Sometimes Jude and I blow up the air mattress if we are exhausted and we all camp out in the living room for a slumber party. Otherwise we pull out sofa bed and crash there.
Friday's nights don't usually last very long, as we put on a movie or the Disney channel and very quickly fall asleep. 8:00 - 9:00pm sounds like a late Friday night for this family.

One other thing Jude really likes about Friday Family Nights is popcorn!!!! He is such a fan!!! In the picture Jude got started early with the movie (Mary Poppins that evening). He pulled up his chair and grabbed a blanket while mommy brought him the essential movie popcorn.
Friday Family Nights have quickly become a tradition in our household, and hopefully they will continue to be a tradition for years to come. Our own version of T.G.I.F.!
No comments:
Post a Comment