Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Growing up so fast!

We have had a very busy time, but it has also been very exciting. Roger and I have started to notice so many many similarities and differences between the two boys, and it only became more obvious as Heather (Jude's godmother), Michael, and Mama Gartkze came into town. Heather was recalling how Jude was when he was Asher's age.

By 5 months Jude was pretty interested in his independence and a lot less in "snuggle time". Asher is very opposite. He would LOVE to sit on your lap and talk your ear off all day if he could, and he loves to snuggle up for a nap. Jude was not much of a talker at that point.

Asher will be starting rice cereal this week which we are really excited about. We are getting started a little bit later then Jude, but Asher is more about the quality time involved with eating and less with the food. Jude was all about how much food can I eat and how fast! So, now that Asher is starting to get a little bit more hungry through out the day we are going to be branching out into cereal. Hopefully there will be a few fun pictures to go with that soon.

Asher has figured out that he would like to be more mobile. This has not led to crawling yet (mom is not ready for that yet), but he is working hard on just getting up and stabilizing on all fours. I can't believe how fast he is growing up!

I look back at videos and pictures of Jude, and I can see why Jude gets confused that those are pictures of him and not Asher. Not only do they look a lot alike, but I feel like I barely remember Jude every being that small. It reminds me constantly to cherish those little moments I do have with him.

Jude has been doing wonderful. He has his first school pictures. It is amazing how little things like that can make tears come to your eyes. My strong tough side melted away when I had kids. Now I feel like everything they do just makes me smile and brings tears of joy to my eyes. I also have Jude's first parent teacher conference with his preschool teacher tonight. I now realize the nervousness that comes with being on the other side of the table. The secret is that it doesn't matter what side of the table you are on, you are nervous, or at least I am.

I will hopefully have time in the near future to add some pictures, and to tell you how things went. Have a wonderful November and stay warm!

No comments: