Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Buzz Lightyear Backpack

Today was a "one small step for Jude, and one giant leap for his parents". Now that school supplies are all 50% we took Jude school shopping. He only needed a few things, but nevertheless there was a list for him for starting preschool. I am so excited for him to go, but that means my little man is becoming all grown up. The preschool we chose is really close to where I work, and he is just attending twice a week for two and a half hours. The really nice thing is that Roger should be able to drop him off almost every time. I am a little sad it won't be me, but my big kids need me during the day, so I will just look at all the pictures.

Roger took Jude in today for an open house to meet the teacher and see the room. He wanted to do his own thing, so she had to tell him the rules a few times. I totally called it that Jude would be my child that needed "reminding" of the rules. Oh well, as long as it is not the principal calling...yet. He is a great kid, just a little strong willed, but he loves to make you smile.

Roger stopped by later to drop some of Jude's things off and got a chance to talk to the teacher. I was so proud to hear how smart he was. Some of the things they are going to be learning this year are their numbers through 10 (Jude has through the 10s perfect and through the 20s with a little help). Then they will be learning the ABCs. How would you like Jude to tell you the ABCs. He can recite them, point them out, find them in a bucket, and find objects in nature that look like them the different letters. Lets just say those are pretty easy for him. The nice thing though is that they will be working on his shapes and colors, which he doesn't really care to learn.

I am really excited for him, just not quite ready for my little boy to be so grown up. He couldn't stop talking about school already today though when I picked him up, and it was only there for 20 minutes. I can only imagine how much he will have to share when he starts going for 2.5 hours.

As soon as we get pictures with him and his cute little backpack one of us will post to share. He starts on September 6th, so if you think of it, say a prayer that everyone holds up and there aren't to many tears. :-)

Update: Here is his little Buzz Lightyear Backpack that he was so excited about at Target!

No comments: