Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Easter. We have really enjoyed the last couple of days.

Thursday was my last day of teaching before Spring Break! My principal kept trying to tell me that the January to April stretch was going to be rough with no breaks, and I will admit that I was not really taking him seriously. I figured I loved the kids too much to get frustrated with them like that. I think I fared very well, but I will admit that I was very happy when Monday came around and as a class we started counting down the hours because those went by faster. They are great kids, and I will be very excited to have them back in a week. Then there are about seven and a half weeks of teaching left and we are done. :-)

We are already making summer plans, and thinking about Jude's 2nd birthday party. I can't believe how fast the time has flown by. I will tell you that Jude LOVES where he is at right now for baby-sitting. We have been absolutely blessed by God that we have always had such wonderful people to watch Jude when we cannot. I know that Jude is going to be very sad this summer not to hang out with them on a daily basis. We went to a big Easter egg hunt at our church the other day, and it was so cute, because as we were pulling in our pastor's kids go "Jude's HERE!!!" We were about 3 minutes late (big surprise), and luckily they were just about to go through with explaining the rules, so we hadn't missed anything. I have some pictures that I will try to get up at some point this week of him Easter Egg hunting, and many more things we have been up to.

I will tell you that poor little Jude has unfortunately carried on my family tradition. As far back as I can remember either Spring Break or Christmas break, I was sick. My mom always explained that it was because I finally stopped moving, and my body went into shock not knowing what to do, so I would just get sick. Well, same thing happened with Jude. 4 am Easter morning Jude comes into the room, with the flu. Poor little guy. He has been so well behaved today though (not that he isn't normally, but especially today). He will get up and get a little bit of water, and some pretzels, and then he is right back to laying down and trying to feel better. I hope he feels better soon. At least it is now and not Tuesday when his Aunt Zuzu (Heather) is coming to see him!

Rog is doing really well. I can't believe that he will basically be done with his first year of sem in just over a month. He has been working so hard, and putting in so many long hours to get everything done. He really does a great job at church with the reading, and just interacting with people. I am constantly hearing complements about him, which just helps to reassure that we are where we are suppose to be, helping him with sem. In just about a year from now we could be up for vicarage, which is an interesting thought. We keep weighing pros and cons to a delayed vicarage if it is even an option. We will see how it goes. We just keep praying, and we know most importantly that whatever happens God will take care of us, because he proves it time and time again!

Happy Easter everyone! HE HAS RISEN!

No comments: