Friday, November 7, 2008

22

So, yesterday was my 23rd birthday, and it gave me the opportunity to really look back at how wonderful 22 was, and to look ahead to see how much potential 23 has amazing and exciting (which it will be, I am sure!).

However, when I was a little girl I had a fascination with prime numbers, okay so I still do. But for some reason I always thought 11 and 2 where they coolest prime numbers ever! So, naturally when I got to that age where it was cool to have a "favorite number" and everyone had to have one I scrambled to put one together, and I picked 22, because 11x2 is 22. And it stuck. However, it wasn't until yesterday that I could really define why 22 is my favorite number, and now I can explain it like this:

"22 was when I got married to one of my favorite people and best friend. 22 was when I had my first child, and his smile made my whole life meaningful. 22 was when I graduated from college and stepped into 'the real world'. 22 was the start of the best years of my life!"

And that is why 22 is my favorite number!

1 comment:

Ms Kittie said...

Thanks for making me cry. LOL!! Happy Birthday to my first and favorite Daughter-in-Law. Wishing many more wonderful years to come.